Friday, March 11, 2011

MAG Movie Review List, Volume 2 (January 10, 2011 - February 16, 2011)

Well, it's been a while since I've updated my slowly growing list of attempts at effective cinematic critique, so here's a comprehensive collection of my summations of movies you will probably never see:

19. Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl (January 10, 2011)
20. Daisies (January 16, 2011)
21. Driller: A Sexual Thriller (January 24, 2011)
22. Bartenders (January 28, 2011)
23. Stiff (January 31, 2011)
24. Les Gamins (February 3, 2011)
25. Sex Psychedelia Collection (February 9, 2011)
26. Girls Bravo (February 16, 2011)

As far as why there has been no updates since mid-February, let me attempt to explain. I am one of the lucky bastards in this beautiful world who happen to suffer from moderate to severe bipolar disorder. There are times when I am truly excited to be alive and feel as if there is some point to breathing through yet another predictable day of mundanity. On other occasions, such as the period that I am in now, the majority of my daily activities, no matter what they may be, seem to hold no pleasure or purpose at all; and among the activities that suffer for my imbalance, unfortunately, happen to be writing reviews.

Doing anything, let alone things that I may usually enjoy, are nothing more than a painful reminder that nothing we do is worth a thing in the grand macrocosm of existence and spending 5 hours a pop to talk about movies that 99% of people don't give a shit about or at the very least, don't want to read detailed descriptions of, seems like an utterly depressing waste of time. This is not to say that in my "right" mind I do not realize the benefit of what I do, but when frantically flailing my arms about in a sea of mental despair, talking about somebody else's minor accomplishments in life as if I had any involvement in them or that me talking about it can have any effect on anybody, seems futile at a minimum, and completely stupid at the height of my madness.

Fortunately, I will be refilling my anti-depressant medication today and hopefully, will return with a spirit of intense solace and creative gusto. All apologies to the one person out there who may find any enjoyment in my writing, for I will return and all your fiery sorrow shall be extinguished by my words. Until that time, please sit back and enjoy the above reviews.

Thank you.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment