Friday, January 7, 2011

MAG Movie Review List, Volume 1 (June 7, 2010 - January 3, 2011)

So, I've been writing movie reviews for Movies About Girls for exactly 6 months now, and since it seems that I'll never get around to doing any reviews here due to time constraints and general low self-esteem and laziness, I decided to provide a list, with links, to my reviews thus far on the Movies About Girls site. I hope you enjoy them.

On a personal note, I just want to say that having been asked to write reviews for MAG has been one of the most exciting and rewarding ventures I have undertaken thus far. In many ways, and to many people, writing movie reviews for a blog is pretty underwhelming, but to me, MAG is in the top 3 list of priorities (family, work, MAG) and I hope that it stays that way for years to come.

My output has been pretty low in comparison to what I was hoping to achieve, but 2011 is a new year and I hope to keep the reviews coming and hopefully continue growing as a writer. I've never done writing as more than a hobby, so this is a new experience and due to me being a stressy, self-conscious mess, accepting that I could possibly be half-way decent at what I do is not really a natural thing for me. Hell, I still think that the only reason I'm in the position I am is out of sheer pity.

To Ken: thank you for inviting me along on your wild ride. You really don't know how much I appreciate it. I've always enjoyed writing, but lacked motivation to do anything with it. Now I get to help promote films I like and keep myself constructively busy. You the man, man.

To the rest of the MAG crew (including Ken): thanks for providing me with a reason to want to go to work on Mondays (and sometimes Tuesdays, depending on the show length). Thanks to Holly, Cherrybomb, GGG, Stacey, Mike Fischer, Viktor, Mike D., Joey Sinn, Kent, Christine, Johnny Machine, and the entire cast and crew of MAG for being amazing, intelligent and hilarious folks who help me feel just a little more comfortable in a world where I usually feel like a stranger. You guys (and girls) put together, hands down, the best podcast out there and I am so privileged to say - in as small a way as I am -, that I am involved in the best website/podcast/radio show/global conglomerate in the whole fucking world. Thank you.

Anyway, enough with the sentimentalities and blubbering - on with the list!

1. Flesh for the Beast (June 7, 2010)
2. The Candy Snatchers (June 10, 2010)
3. Alucarda (June 13, 2010)
4. Dr. Caligari (June 21, 2010)
5. Deadly Sweet (June 30, 2010)
7. Flavia the Heretic (July 22, 2010)
8. Singapore Sling (August 3, 2010)
9. Monamour (August 30, 2010)
10. Don't Deliver Us From Evil (September 10, 2010)
11. Teenage Twins (October 11, 2010)
12. Criminally Insane (October 20, 2010)
14. The Taming of Rebecca (November 19, 2010)
15. American Nudie Classics (December 6, 2010)
17. Sleazy 70's Stags (December 26, 2010)

To be continued....





No comments:

Post a Comment